PDA

View Full Version : Wave 3 at a target

merz1138
06-25-2009, 07:31 PM
NEAR U SOON!!!! just talked to a friend at target today they reset for the new gi joe movie next week so if there coming out this is when it will happen hes gonna tell me the exact date and time he does it to see if its true or not and if it is im buying every single one hahaha

flashtestmanalive
06-25-2009, 08:58 PM
sounds good!

RaginCajun713
06-25-2009, 10:59 PM
nice, can't wait. i work in a mall and the store closest to mine is target, I'm in there pretty much every break I get, but now they've been carrying less and less muggs =/

chard5000
06-26-2009, 09:59 AM
I noticed that ALL the G.I.Joe stuff is on clearance. $3 for a 25th anniversary joe figure? OK!

SPC Airborne
06-26-2009, 11:03 AM
I think TRU is the only place that will get Wave 3. Target is clearancing the Muggs out b/c they are discontinued in their computers. I seriously doubt you'll find Wave 3 there but good luck!

littlenicky
06-26-2009, 11:03 AM
I noticed that ALL the G.I.Joe stuff is on clearance. $3 for a 25th anniversary joe figure? OK!

Really? I'm there!!!

merz1138
06-26-2009, 02:37 PM
I think TRU is the only place that will get Wave 3. Target is clearancing the Muggs out b/c they are discontinued in their computers. I seriously doubt you'll find Wave 3 there but good luck!

tru is only getting sw....well thats what a lot of other people are saying and a hasbro rep said also

SPC Airborne
06-26-2009, 06:29 PM
tru is only getting sw....well thats what a lot of other people are saying and a hasbro rep said also

TRU is supposed to be getting Muggs exclusively all across the board, the last I heard. Most Walmarts have already dropped Muggs altogether and Target is clearancing the GIJoe Muggs b/c they discontinued GIJoe Muggs in their system. If you notice, the only GIJoe items that Target hasn't clearanced is the Combat Heroes b/c the movie ones are under the same DPCI.

Things can always change though. ;)

xfloormattx
06-26-2009, 07:02 PM
SPC, Target is getting Marvel, exclusively.
TRU is getting Star Wars, exclusively.
GI Joe & Transfromers may be at both. I think the initial reports/buzzings about TRU got confused because Hasbro considers Star Wars the flagship Muggs line.

merz1138
06-27-2009, 03:11 AM
Exactly heres the thread if u wanna see it http://www.mightymuggsforum.com/showthread.php?t=8690

Sneecher
06-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah guys ummm Target will be getting Wave 3...I'm working today so I'll check in the system, but can I please brag a little and say 'I told you so?' Once the new movie toys get set, the new Muggs will come out. That's the only reason the old GI Joe stuff was getting clearanced.

ZeoVGM
06-27-2009, 07:16 PM
TRU is supposed to be getting Muggs exclusively all across the board, the last I heard.

It was recently posted here that TRU is getting SW and Target is getting Marvel.

Most Walmarts have already dropped Muggs altogether

They just started offering Transformers Muggs, so that's not true.

disturbingcreation
06-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Not to get anyone's hopes up, but there isn't any new DPCIs in the system for any new muggs. I remember Transformers popped up weeks before we got them in stock. Not saying it isn't going to happen, just don't get too excited. I will try to find the plan-o-gram number for this revision and see what is on it.

litepink
06-28-2009, 10:06 AM
They just started offering Transformers Muggs, so that's not true.

yes, they do have them, but ONLY online. on walmart.com it says not sold in stores...

anyways, that does worry me that their is a reset coming with no DCPI or anything yet...

disturbingcreation
06-28-2009, 03:08 PM
I guess I wouldn't be too worried. There are no Rise of Cobra figures in the system yet. I couldn't find any sort of plan-o-gram. But that kind of stuff usually drops on Mondays so maybe tomorrow...

Daybringer
06-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Well i saw some Rise of the Cobra "combat heroes" today at target, so they must have the stuff in the back already.

RoseRed
06-29-2009, 01:58 AM
I haven't seen muggs in Target Australia for a year or two. Owned by a different company though here.

I love all the people on here who do this:
"I work at Target and the computers tell me they've been discontinued."
"I ALSO work at Target and the computers tell me they're coming out soon."
and my personal favourite "I went there today and they had movie toys so they MUST be getting the muggs!" :noidea: WHAT THE? Where's the logic there?
It makes for fascinating reading.

Does everyone who works at Target in America have access to store warehouse information.:D
None of you are just plain no-nothing, checkout jockeys, you all have manager level clearance?
I worked as a checkout chick at Kmart as a teen and all I knew was "Would you like any cash out" and "Price Check." :dance:
You KNOW I'm just ribbin' you.
FIRE UP!:target:

IndyMuggs
06-29-2009, 05:44 AM
HAHAHAHAHA I was thinking the same exact thing Red!! I love reading it though because it makes me hold out hope for the new muggs, but yeah you hit it on the head..HAHAHA

Daybringer
06-29-2009, 08:18 AM
I haven't seen muggs in Target Australia for a year or two. Owned by a different company though here.

and my personal favourite "I went there today and they had movie toys so they MUST be getting the muggs!" :noidea: WHAT THE? Where's the logic there?

Does everyone who works at Target in America have access to store warehouse information.:D
None of you are just plain no-nothing, checkout jockeys, you all have manager level clearance?
I worked as a checkout chick at Kmart as a teen and all I knew was "Would you like any cash out" and "Price Check." :dance:
FIRE UP!:target:

WTF.

Where in that sentence do you see that i said they have Wave 3 Mighty Muggs?

Might want to read that again. I was referring to the ROTC figures that Creator was talking about.

IndyMuggs
06-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by RoseRed

and my personal favourite "I went there today and they had movie toys so they MUST be getting the muggs!" WHAT THE? Where's the logic there?

Does everyone who works at Target in America have access to store warehouse information.
I worked as a checkout chick at Kmart as a teen and all I knew was "Would you like any cash out" and "Price Check."
FIRE UP!

WTF.

Where in that sentence do you see that i said they have Wave 3 Mighty Muggs?

Might want to read that again. I was referring to the ROTC figures that Creator was talking about.

Where did she say wave 3 what-so-ever?

Maybe you should read her post again there, bud. Because "You KNOW I'm just ribbin' you."

disturbingcreation
06-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Hey, I'm just telling you what I know. My job at Target is to keep things in-stock. I've worked there way too long (7 years in August) and usually know what's happening. But, I also usually say that "you never know" or something like that because... you never know. But yeah, that's what the Internetz R 4, to post your opinions.

That's the difference between Targets and K-marts. Target tries to sell product while K-mart tries to close stores. Plus, cashiers are usually cashiers for a reason there, mate.

Oh snap, flame war.

But just to clarify, no mighty muggs in the back as of yet at any Target store.

Chex
07-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah I looked the other night, and though mine has started to get the Rise of Cobra toys, there's no POG change yet. Was talking to a friend on the POG team and he said he knows all of toys will reset in Aug, but he doesn't know of the new Joe stuff will be put out before then.

Rumi
07-02-2009, 02:53 PM
I kept going to my Target and I knew they were holding out on me with some of the Star Wars Mighty Muggs. Sure enough when they got NCFed they put out about 80 Mighty Muggs varying from Target exclusives to Dukes.

I have a feeling that they will hold out on new G.I. Joes and Transformers too. . .

Cyberscream
07-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Awesome. Maybe I'll see em soon.

fonz23
07-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Target is not getting anymore muggs of any type(about 80% sure). i think the only @ TRU thing is true. i work at a target and we clearanced all muggs(marvel, star wars, g.i. and transformers). sry to all the target shoppers but atleast now u dont have to go to 3 diff stores to find ur muggs.

SPC Airborne
07-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Target is not getting anymore muggs of any type(about 80% sure). i think the only @ TRU thing is true. i work at a target and we clearanced all muggs(marvel, star wars, g.i. and transformers). sry to all the target shoppers but atleast now u dont have to go to 3 diff stores to find ur muggs.

That's what I thought.

disturbingcreation
07-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I looked at the new POG for the Joe revision (toys say don't sell until 7/10) and there are no muggs on it...

merz1138
07-06-2009, 07:48 PM
see that pisses me off because twice hasbro reps have said only sw will be a tru exclusive and the other muggs will be everywhere else

Chex
07-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah and if you check the isle, there's no spot for Joe muggs, though even after this revision where they did adjust the TF toys, there is still a spot for TF muggs. Odd, isn't it?

merz1138
07-10-2009, 01:41 AM
joe toys got rset at my gf's target yesterday and no joe mugs!!!!.....F@$K I WISH HASBRO WpULD GIVE USE A STRIHT ANWER.......sory kinnda drunk but what else id new

manz
07-12-2009, 11:37 AM
wave 3 Joes will only be sold at Red Lobsters. Can the argument now end?

TheEmperor
07-12-2009, 02:26 PM
what? how can this be? red lobster? what is this red lobsteR?

Green Eggs and Death
07-12-2009, 04:31 PM
What are y'all talkin' about? There IS a spot for Joe Muggs, at least at Target. Look on the ends of the aisles, under the big signs that say CLEARANCE. ;)

With the movie toys already out, and no sign of the "next" wave of Joes who, honestly, had Nothing to do with the movie in the first place (unless Serpentor and Shipwreck are gonna be surprises that we haven't seen in trailers, lol), can we now just say that Joe Muggs are, at best, on indefinite hold? ;)

It's too bad but, oh well.

Shoot, at this point I'll be happy to see ANY new Muggs, from ANY line.

Sneecher
07-12-2009, 06:47 PM

Sorry to say but that's actually wrong. I talked to the rep personally...so good try...but Marvel is going to be Target exclusive. And she said Transformers and GI Joe will come back too. The tricky part is that Hasbro is on hold in general. They don't even know when they are shipping them to retailers.

phreakatron
07-13-2009, 07:31 AM
I honestly don't think they would release a classic styled set of Muggs when they're pushing the movie line so hard and shoving everything else classic-themed to the side. (same with Transformers) Really don't expect to see anything until after Summer is over.

phreakatron
07-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Q: In the last G.I. Joe Q & A session it was stated that the wave 3 Mighty Muggs would be out before the movie. That doesn't appear to have happened. Were these shelved altogether or delayed to a later date?

A:The Wave 3 figures were produced, shipped, and should be making their way out to retail in the next month. In the future, Mighty Muggs will only be available at select retailers.

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/around-the-site-11/hasbros-gi-joe-qa-round-three-answers-8712/

disturbingcreation
07-18-2009, 07:15 PM
http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/around-the-site-11/hasbros-gi-joe-qa-round-three-answers-8712/

Sounds good to me. Can't wait.

muggler
07-19-2009, 10:07 AM
i talked to a Hasbro Rep the other day and i asked him about the new Joe muggs and he said..."Yes, they will be coming out in 2012 when the world ends, and **** off"

Sneecher
07-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Ok for those of you who are bing jerks and getting mad at everyone trying to figure out what's going on, piss off. We're just trying to sort stuff out. There's no need to get mad at anyone for that.

jonas
07-20-2009, 05:21 PM
I cannot wait more!

futureman
07-21-2009, 12:11 AM
My target takes forever to get anything, but I don't think it will get wave 3 ever.

groucho
07-22-2009, 10:42 AM
just read on mighty muggs lounge that a hasbro spokesperson says wave three joes have shipped already and are at retailers. Didn't say who those retailers are of course....

RoseRed
07-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Just give me the parrot man!:D
And Serpentors staff which would alo make a good HeMan/Hordak Serpent-Snake-Mountain-Crew staff!

flashtestmanalive
07-22-2009, 03:07 PM
haha I agree I really want that parrot :)

chard5000
07-27-2009, 07:48 PM
excellent news. Now to see if they actually show up.

FaustX
07-28-2009, 09:56 AM
What's in wave 3 anyway?

irulan
07-28-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Shipwreck, Zartan, Cobra Trooper, and Serpentor?

Ninja Mugg
07-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Shipwreck, Zartan, Cobra Trooper, and Serpentor?

correct

Sneecher
07-28-2009, 07:15 PM
I work tomorrow so I'll check my Target

disturbingcreation
07-28-2009, 10:19 PM
I work tomorrow so I'll check my Target

Target isn't carrying them at this time.

dimarino50
07-29-2009, 10:28 PM
I was at my local target today and I fear the worst has happen. They just completed their toy resent and Mighty muggs of all lines have been removed. No joes, transformers, marvel or star wars. THIS SUCKS!! the closest TRU to me is 17 miles away.

Lightdestroyed
07-29-2009, 11:11 PM
I checked 4 or 5 of my local area Targets yesterday and came up with nothing. Checked a few TRU's as well. =/

Teeks
07-29-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't think we'll see these right away. Maybe after the movie's out.

Lightdestroyed
07-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Hopefully.

groucho
07-30-2009, 02:14 PM
no new joes yet for me either. Did find a baroness and destro at TRU but the destro had been opened and retaped on the bottom.

disturbingcreation
07-30-2009, 02:17 PM
My guess (which is only a guess) is that the new Joes will be like Transformers wave one was. TRU will get them in first and Targets will probably get them a month or so later, if at all.

obi-mugg kenobi
07-30-2009, 11:12 PM
well i'm hoping these come out around the same time as the movie. but i'm doubting it since wave 3 of the transformers never came out, and rotf came and went.

dammagededdie
09-25-2009, 07:12 PM
I don't know if/when we will be seeing these Muggs. Hasbro is slacking big time.

WECIII
09-28-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm losing all hope of these muggs seeing the light of day, which sucks because I got into muggs via the Joe line.

prismx
09-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Won't be seeing any. Official word from Hasbro customer service is that the Mighty Muggs line has been canceled.

WECIII
09-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Son...of...a...

potishen
09-28-2009, 11:19 PM
We need a Firefly and a Gung-ho

Rumi
10-05-2009, 11:39 AM
So if they cancelled Mighty Muggs, what happens to all the Mighty Muggs they already made? They just gonna scrap em for parts?

SPC Airborne
10-06-2009, 05:56 PM
So if they cancelled Mighty Muggs, what happens to all the Mighty Muggs they already made? They just gonna scrap em for parts?

They'll show up in Canada like the cancelled Combat Heroes Wave 3 did. Or, we'll find them at closeout stores like Big Lots, Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Tuesday Morning.

amberbratt
10-12-2009, 06:05 PM
They'll show up in Canada like the cancelled Combat Heroes Wave 3 did. Or, we'll find them at closeout stores like Big Lots, Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Tuesday Morning.

u got wave 3 combat heros?

why didn't u tell me man!

cybertron12345
12-16-2009, 09:36 PM
i really want these

mugger
12-19-2009, 09:19 AM
TRU is supposed to be getting Muggs exclusively all across the board, the last I heard.

I heard this too, but as of this date TRU hasn't recieved a single new mug in over a year. All the ones they do have are old beat up and wouldn't do much good unless you want one to customize or open and display. Even then your choice is usually Wolverine or...Wolverine. lol.
I spoke to the TRU Store Director in my area and he told me he has no new infomation, same thing when you call the 1-800 number, nothing new.

Hasbro dropped the ball on these toys, there was so much they could have done with the line. :mad:

JasonTeck
12-19-2009, 11:13 AM
They just got new Transformer Muggs all over, I think the GI Joe line is pretty much done. I talked with a guy at our Toys R Us and he said, they will be exclusive to TRU this year then fazed out completely starting in 2011.

I heard this too, but as of this date TRU hasn't recieved a single new mug in over a year. All the ones they do have are old beat up and wouldn't do much good unless you want one to customize or open and display. Even then your choice is usually Wolverine or...Wolverine. lol.
I spoke to the TRU Store Director in my area and he told me he has no new infomation, same thing when you call the 1-800 number, nothing new.

Hasbro dropped the ball on these toys, there was so much they could have done with the line. :mad:

shdwknt
12-22-2009, 01:40 PM
u got wave 3 combat heros?

why didn't u tell me man!

You want the wave 3 combat heroes? I have a whole second set that I imported from canada.. make me an offer.. I have $65 invested in them.. was asking I think $75 on my site

they are under the personal stuff section for sale - I can get more if anyones interested too.. I have a guy that will sell them to me by the case load!

disturbingcreation
12-22-2009, 04:45 PM
I posted this in some other thread, but Transformers Muggs are back in Target's system while the other muggs still are not in the system. I would think that would mean that Target will be carrying them after the new year when the big reset occurs, but who knows.