PDA

View Full Version : Gi joe ya or nay?

Lord Vader
02-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Does anyone think this GI JOE mighty mugg series is going down?

Run L1ke H3LL
02-19-2009, 08:24 PM
I think it's going down. And the movie is gonna suck too.

Pumpkin King
02-19-2009, 08:28 PM
agreed not happenin

Teeks
02-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I personally would like for it to go a few more waves, as I think there's been some interesting Muggs released and I fully expect a movie Duke at SDCC but I don't think it's going to last much longer.

Rockslide
02-19-2009, 08:47 PM
I will buy pretty much any Joe they put out. Hasbro, just send them to my house and put it on my tab.

TeddyVarious
02-19-2009, 09:27 PM
i cant get the thought of the movie 40 year old virgin when i pick up a joe mugg

thats why i always end up putting them down

karmakramer
02-19-2009, 09:45 PM
affirmative...

UPDOG
02-19-2009, 10:25 PM
They could have gone crazy with all the characters they have access to from the 80's cartoon and comic, with the gi joe mugg series. Was really looking forward to seeing muggs of zartan, beachhead, shipwreck, torpedo, cobra officers/soldiers, crimson guard, vipers, cobra eel, bat, the dreadnoks,flint, and so on...

But yeah the movie is gonna suck...

demonash
02-19-2009, 11:43 PM
well GI JOE muggs on the whole still seem pretty boring

Comicaze
02-20-2009, 04:53 AM
I like them... I was a big joe fan growing up. I pick in choose on the 3.75" figures but the Muggs, I will pick up any and all of them. Shipwreck with a parrot would be cool to see, as well as Zartan. I hope they keep going for a few more waves at least.

xfloormattx
02-20-2009, 05:14 AM
well GI JOE muggs on the whole still seem pretty boring

Blasphemy! I will intercede in prayer for such insubordination.

I will buy pretty much any Joe they put out. Hasbro, just send them to my house and put it on my tab.

Agreed, even if they're semi-finished prototypes.

LightEmittingDiode
02-20-2009, 11:00 AM
i cant get the thought of the movie 40 year old virgin when i pick up a joe mugg

thats why i always end up putting them down

I never saw that horseshit movie. And please spare me the "you gotta see that movie" bullshit because I don't want too because the very notion of collection toys equals never getting laid is total bullshit. I talk to plenty of women and I collect toys so the asshole who promotes that dipshit impression is a fucking loser.

Teeks
02-20-2009, 11:06 AM
It wasn't because he collected toys that he didn't get laid, it was a number of things. He never really tried to get laid. It was just how he acted and thought, not that he collected toys. That's just nonsense. Though if you don't want to see it, you don't want to see it. But this topic isn't really about movies.

Needs more Roadblock and Scarlett.

LightEmittingDiode
02-20-2009, 11:09 AM
It wasn't because he collected toys that he didn't get laid, it was a number of things. He never really tried to get laid. It was just how he acted and thought, not that he collected toys. That's just nonsense. Though if you don't want to see it, you don't want to see it. But this topic isn't really about movies.

Needs more Roadblock and Scarlett.

What that guy posted, picking up the figures makes him think of the movie so obviously the impression of toys = no sex does enter some peoples' minds. I'm just saying it's bullshit, on the topic at hand it's too early to tell if the GI Joe MM's are going down or not. They just friggin started.

groucho
02-20-2009, 11:21 AM
gotta say destro looks pretty sweet.

ZeoVGM
02-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Honestly, I don't care in the slightest about GI Joe, but soon enough I will be getting the Muggs because a) they do look cool, despite me not caring about the show or characters, and b) I want to be a Mugg completionist.

I'm not like that with other lines though. It's pretty much just Marvel and gaming-related figures otherwise.

(Speaking of, can we get a Video Game Mugg line, Hasbro? You know you wanna.)

But I don't think the GI Joe line will stick around much longer. Like Indy, I don't think it's something most people care about to get as a Mugg. Star Wars and Marvel are successful Mugg lines because they fit the mold better.

Tickles
02-20-2009, 12:29 PM
although i'd love to see more Joe muggs, I also feel the set they released is "complete".

Quick Kick mugg ftw.

00M17
03-02-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm not much of a fan of G.I. Joe but the figures look cool with their weapons. I would get them but my wall would have no space for them :p

chckboy5
03-02-2009, 10:53 AM
nay for me... for the time being lol

danielblester
03-02-2009, 11:44 AM
ive debated about getting the gi joe line i was never into them but from the looks of it gi joe will go the ways of indy. i may pick them up if they go on clearence

nooksak
03-02-2009, 03:01 PM
i orgianly said no but i've started to pick some up...

jay50mugger
03-02-2009, 03:55 PM
I never saw that horseshit movie. And please spare me the "you gotta see that movie" bullshit because I don't want too because the very notion of collection toys equals never getting laid is total bullshit. I talk to plenty of women and I collect toys so the asshole who promotes that dipshit impression is a fucking loser.

Sorry to bring up sour wounds but in the most polite way I recomend to watch your languege. I can tell your angry but seriously please watch it.

Yorick Brown
03-02-2009, 04:39 PM
I plan to pick up Duke when they inevitably go on clearance...there's so many...

Based purely on childhood nostalgia.

Aye-Jay
03-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Yay I have all of them and hope to get more G.I Joe muggs later

bankymedic
03-03-2009, 09:45 PM
I dunno. The only ones I like anyway are Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

Kire von Banhammer
03-04-2009, 02:13 AM
I have the entire collection because Im a completest. A great many of Joes have meet there demise at the end of my brush though! I think I have killed 4 dukes, 5 snakeeyes, 3 stormshadows and 2 cobra commanders. They come with the best accessories! bwahahah

Are-Jay
03-04-2009, 02:28 AM
A great many of Joes have meet there demise at the end of my brush though! I think I have killed 4 dukes, 5 snakeeyes, 3 stormshadows and 2 cobra commanders. They come with the best accessories! bwahahah

Seriously! LOL About 16 Cobra Commanders have become customs of mine. A cape AND a gun? I buy him whenever I see him :) Can't get enough of them capes!

Minion
03-04-2009, 05:05 AM
I have yet to obtain a Joe Mugg, but I hope my friend who just came back from the States picked me at least 1 up.

As a concept, I think it's fairly limited outside of the core characters. There are only so many 'guy in a helmet' Muggs I can take. Once you've done the core chaps, and then some interesting looking characters the ones that are still meaningful to a non Joe fanatic, yet are still an interesting paint scheme are few and far between.

fanboy
03-04-2009, 08:09 PM
i want them, but not in a need them now kind of way. like others, i'll try to pick them up when they show up on clearance at target. either nobody here is buying them or they keep restocking the same 5 or 6 every day.

icruise
03-05-2009, 09:16 AM
I needed a Mugg fix so I finally decided to pick up Destro, the Baroness, Storm Shadow, and Snake Eyes. I will get Cobra Commander when I see him again, and while Duke doesn't do a lot for me I'll have to get him to complete the set. I'm tempted to wait and see if he goes on clearance. I'm pretty impressed with the ones I did pick up. They're great designs. Gotta love Destro's chrome dome.

LightEmittingDiode
03-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Sorry to bring up sour wounds but in the most polite way I recomend to watch your languege. I can tell your angry but seriously please watch it.

Beat a dead horse much? That thing is long over with. Leave it alone please.

chckboy5
03-06-2009, 11:04 AM
i gave in and picked up a destro... haha but i dont plan on collecting the whole series

C-Mugg
03-11-2009, 03:35 AM
they seem kind of boring. i was really disappointed with destro.

WECIII
03-11-2009, 07:57 AM
I like the Joes. I was a big GI Joe fan as a kid, and they are the series that finally made me start buying muggs. I would love to see (as many say) a Zartan. A set of Tomax and Xamot might be kinda cool too...ahh childhood nostalgia.